kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 17 April 2013


You either love them or hate them FEIJOAS - I don't think I've ever met anyone who has said "Oh - they are OK" People either love them or hate them. I love them!


This loaf recipe was actually given to me by Laura (my other recipe blogger here at Kiwicake's) last year. The addition of the drizzle was my idea.
In a large pot boil for 5mins stirring regularly:
· 1 generous cup of diced / mashed feijoas
· 1 cup sugar
· 1 cup water
· 50 grams butter
Let cool (1/2 hour or more) then stir in:
· 2 cups sifted flour with
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 beaten egg
Pour into greased and lined baking/loaf/muffin tins. Bake at 175`C fan bake and start testing with a skewer after 15mins (for muffins - loaf will take longer. Worth doubling when fruit is abundant in autumn – this loaf freezes well. I did not bake mine on fan bake and it worked equally well.
For the drizzle I used 1 Tbsp of fejoa powder mixed with 1 cup of icing sugar and enough hot water to make a runny slurry. I poured it over the loaf as soon as it came out of the oven.
This tastes gorgeous warm and is also very yummy cold too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts