kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Thursday 18 May 2006

I took on a challenge the other night at our dinner (really, it's about eating) club...to make these Tiramisu Cupcakes with Mascarpone Cream from Cupcakes Galore...which I did make last night, in honor of Jesse's birthday...which is Friday! I'll say just one word about these cupcakes and especially the Mascarpone Cream: YUM!

The author of CG, Gail Wagman, points out that "Tiramisu is an Italian cake usually made with sponge cake or ladyfingers soaked in a mixture of coffee and Marsala, filled with mascarpone cream and topped with grated chocolate."

I love this book. Wagman's recipes are so fun and different that you never get bored. But, this was one of the most challenging cupcake recipes I've made, first because I don't really know how tiramisu should look, and second because it calls for lots of "folding" of ingredients. I mean I know how to fold laundry, but "fold dry ingredients" or "gently fold in remaining whites"....this type of folding is still a bit of a problem for me!

The topping was straightforward and easy to make and turned out to be delicious and so creamy...I used both Kahlua in the Mascarpone Cream, and sprinkled Marsala over each cupcake. Everything turned out so well that even Layla came around to try to get a taste of the Jesse's birthday cupcake!

Happy Birthday, Jesse!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts