kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 29 May 2006

Tuesday Update:
Thought you might like to read this email from I received from Billy's Bakery today:
"Thanks for writing. It's wonderful to hear that you had such a success with the cupcake recipes. I just checked out your blog and see that you found the recipe for chocolate cupcakes- that's great! It was wonderful to see us featured on your fantastic blog, it seems to be very popular. Thanks again, you've made our day!"

WOW!

Since I had such great luck with Billy's Bakery Vanilla Vanilla Cupcakes, I decided to see if I could find a chocolate recipe by Billy Reece (the owner of Billy's Bakery)....and I did find one. I was so excited! He was on NBC's Today Show on October 18th for National Chocolate Cupcake Day...hmmmm...I never got that email. I'm surprising someone tomorrow morning with a dozen of these puppies...her name is Karen...she's been my physical therapist for the operation I had on my hand in late February. I "graduated" last week. She is awesome and loves cupcakes...Say Hi to Karen!

Anyway, I was overjoyed to discover the recipe. And, once again, I used the giant Kitchen Aid mixer...hereafter referred to as KA...it was so much fun and much easier than my hand mixer...who care's about that old thing anymore?? The one problem I have had with KA is that what's known as the "pouring sheild" is MIA...I need to order one, because when I pour in flour or powered sugar, at first it tends to fly out of the machine! And, it's not a pretty picture, folks!

I also managed to get to the most awesome cake decorating store and bakery in Maryland...it's called Cakes Plus. Here is the url: http://www.cakesplus.com/. I know I've blogged about this place before, but it is definitely worth a visit. They have all kinds of supplies and are so happy to help you. And they have cake decorating classes...I am thinking of doing a cake decorating class at Michaels. Has anybody done one of these? Let me know what you think!

Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Cupcakes by Billy Reece
Yields 24 to 27 cupcakes

INGREDIENTS
• 2 sticks unsalted butter (8 ounces)
• 1 cup granulated sugar (7 ounces)
• 1 cup light brown sugar (7-3/4 ounces)
• 4 large eggs (one at a time)
• 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
• 2 cups cake flour (9-1/4 ounces)
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup buttermilk (room temperature)
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Cream:
2 sticks unsalted butter (8 ounces)
1 cup granulated sugar (7 ounces)
1 cup light brown sugar (7-3/4 ounces)
Add:
4 large eggs (one at a time)
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate (chocolate should be melted, then cooled for approximately 15 minutes before being added).
Add and alternate:
2 cups cake flour (9-1/4 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking soda
With:
1 cup buttermilk (room temperature)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Place cupcake paper into each cup of 2 muffin pans (each pan yielding 12 muffins). Then fill each cup with 1 leveled off scoop of an ice cream scooper.

Bake at 350 degrees in regular oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.

Simple Chocolate Buttercream by Billy Reece
INGREDIENTS
• 4 sticks butter
• 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
• 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
• 1/4 cup whole milk
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Cream (with hand or stand mixer):
4 sticks butter (16 ounces) until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes

Melt (in microwave or double boiler):
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate

Set aside and allow to cool for approximately 20 minutes. After chocolate has cooled, add it to the creamed butter and mix on low speed until just combined. Scrape sides of bowl then …

Add:
2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

On low speed of a hand or stand mixer, mix until fully incorporated; no confectioners' sugar should be visible. Mixture should be smooth and medium brown in color.

Do not refrigerate; use immediately or store in airtight container for up to 2 days.

Now, go make 'em!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts